Sunday, October 24, 2010

LINUX Experience
















From 20th until 22nd, I was involved in a training at Open Source Competency Centre in Cyberjaya. This is actually my first hands-on experience in Linux. It's actually not my kind of thing though, but well there's always something that you need to learn. The training is just an introduction to Linux. I learnt a lot of commands and trainers were very patience in spending their 3 days with us.

The participants were about 20 of us and many of us were not familiar with Linux. How I wished my hubby sitting just beside me because, he'll be zero clueless than me. My favourite commands,

  • whoami
  • cal
  • finger user1
  • yum
  • cat
  • grep

I do hope I can applied this later and remember the basic commands at least.
p/s: In this course we're using CentOS

No comments: